Greetings fellow walkers!
We start from the village of Rasoun, where we visit the project of the Royal Society for Conservation of Nature (RSCN): the Soap House. We head out of the village of Rasoun on dirt tracks past olive groves and up steeply to the top of the ridge. From here we can see caves in the cliff sides and nice views back to the Ayoun villages. We continue to the Qabla ruins where we can see remains of houses, caves and quarries. We head west down the forested Wadi Zubia passing a cave spring and more ruins. We follow the fence of the Kings Hunting Lodge at Birgesh en route to the village of Beit Idis.
Our walk will conclude with a delicious, home-cooked traditional Arabic meal prepared by a local Jordanian family, prepared and served right in their own house.
Reserve your spot now for this exciting day-trip in Jordan's back-country. Meet new people, make new friends, and seize the opportunity to experience the real Jordan!
All Experience Jordan Weekly Walks include:
• Guided Access throughout the length of the Walk
• A knowledgeable, tour host to navigate you through the trails. Our tour hosts provide first-hand information about the area, the trails themselves, sites along the way, and local customs & traditions.
• The opportunity to expand your social network and meet like-minded travelers, expats, and locals from all over the world
•Transportation to and from the meeting place in Amman .
• A traditional, home-cooked Arabic meal prepared by a local family, and served right in their own house, offering Walkers a chance to enjoy a truly immersive experience in the Jordanian lifestyle -one that the city restaurants are simply unable to provide - and one that most travelers are rarely able to experience
Length: 5-6 hours
• The price is 30JD per person, payable on the day of the Walk.
Meeting Place & Check-In:
8:00 AM - Meet in the large car park between Abdoun Mall and Mirabelle Restaurant
9:15 AM - Arrive at starting point
9:30 AM - Start the walk
16.00 PM - *Arrive at Beit Idis and transfer back to Rasoun for lunch.
18:30 PM - *Arrive back in Amman
*Please note the return time to Amman is approximate, as it depends on the pace of the group during the day.
*Tips & Advice*
• Please bring sufficient drinking water for the trip. We advise at least 3 liter per adult.
• We encourage you bring efficient sun protection, including hat, sunscreen, and sunglasses
• Make sure you wear comfortable, supportive shoes, appropriate hiking clothing, and anything else you may need in a daypack.
* we recommend bringing a walking stick.
• Please take age into consideration. Walkers are expected to be able to keep the general pace of the group. If they are not used to walking distances, please consider trying one of the Easy walks before progressing to Moderate or Difficult.